Diesel flow meter – Turbine Flow Meter Solution
Diesel flow meter is the inline Turbine flow meter dedicated to measure diesel fuel flow.
The diesel flowmeter uses a Turbine to measure. It first converts the flow rate to the speed of the turbine. And then converts the speed into an electrical signal that is proportional to the flow. This flow meter is used to detect the instantaneous flow and the total accumulated flow. Its output signal is frequency, which is easy to digitize.
Diesel Turbine Flow Meter Specs
- Meter Diameter:
Threaded connection: DN 4, 6, 10, 15, 20, 25, 32, 40
Flange connection: DN(15, 20, 25, 32, 40) 50, 65, 80, 100, 125, 150, 200
Plug-in: DN 200 or more
- Range ratio: 1:10; 1:15; 1:20
- Instrument material: 304 stainless steel, 316 (L) stainless steel, etc.
- Medium temperature: -20 ℃ ～ + 120 ℃
- Ambient temperature: -10 ℃ ～ + 55 ℃
- Relative humidity: 5% -9%
- Atmospheric pressure: 86 ～ 106Kpa
- Sensor Output signal: pulse frequency signal, low level ≤0.8V high level ≥8V
- Transmitter Output signal: Two-wire 4-20mA current signal
- Sensor Power supply: + 12VDC, + 24VDC (optional)
Transmitter Power supply: + 24VDC
- On-site display type: the instrument comes with a lithium battery
- Explosion-proof form: Basic type non-explosion-proof, explosion-proof type
- Protection level: IP65, IP67
- High accuracy, generally up to ± 1% R, ± 0.5% R, high precision type can reach ± 0.2% R;
- Good repeatability. Short-term repeatability can reach 0.05% ~ 0.2%, precisely because of good repeatability.
- Frequent calibration or online calibration can get very high accuracy. Which is the preferred flow meter in trade settlement;
- Equipped with three-point correction of instrument coefficients. Intelligent compensation of instrument coefficients is non-linear. It is also possible to perform on-site corrections.
- Keep all valid data for 10 years after power off;
- Wide range, medium and large caliber up to 1:20, small caliber up to 1:10;
- Compact and lightweight structure, easy installation and maintenance, and large circulation capacity;
- Applicable for high pressure measurement. There is no need to make holes in the meter body, and it is easy to make high voltage instruments;
- There are many types of special-purpose sensors. It can be designed as various types of special-purpose sensors according to the special needs of users.
- Can be made into a plug-in type. Suitable for large diameter measurement.
- Low pressure loss. Low price. Can be removed continuously. Easy installation and maintenance.
- Suitable for various nominal diameters. From DN15 ～ DN2000mm to larger;
- Suitable for high and low temperature media. From -50 ℃ ～ + 260 ℃ (special can be larger);
- Suitable for low, medium and high pressure working conditions. From 0 to 25MPa (specially larger)
- Fuel consumption
- Engine performance testing
- Engine time monitoring to pro-actively signal maintenance
- Real-time fuel monitoring and consumption reduction
- Fuel theft detection and prevention
Widely used in:
Diesel, bio-diesel, kerosene, gasoline.
Petroleum, organic liquid, inorganic liquid.
Liquefied gas, natural gas, coal gas.
Oil, DEF, heating oil, grease and certain chemicals, low temperature fluid flow measurement.
What is fuel flow meter?
Fuel flowmeter refers to the flowmeter used to measure the flow rate of fuel. Commonly referred to as turbine flow meters and oval gear flow meters.
A flow meter is used to measure the quantity of fluid that has been moved during the transfer process. They have a visual display, which can be either mechanical or digital, for the user to read off the measurement. Flow meters are used within a variety of fluid transfer applications. And therefore whilst they are always used to measure the fluid, the ways in which they work are slightly different.
Of course, the fuel flow meter also has some characteristics of its own, such as:
Unaffected by changes in fluid density, viscosity, temperature, pressure, and conductivity.
If you need more accurate measurement, you can choose a mass flow meter. Coriolis mass flowmeters have zero drift but the impact is relatively small. Higher operating costs. Mass flow meters can measure temperature and density online. Oval gears are relatively stable for mechanical flow meters.
How does a fuel flow meter work?
Diesel Flow Meter Working Principle
Diesel Flow Meter Pulse Output
Diesel Flow Meter can have output types : Pulse, 4-20mA analog output, RS485 (Modbus-RTU protocol), HART.
In electronic technology, a pulse signal is continuously emitted according to a certain voltage amplitude and a certain time interval.
The time interval between pulse signals is called the period. And the number of pulses generated in a unit time (such as 1 second) is called the frequency.
Frequency is a measurement name describing the number of pulses that a cyclic signal (including a pulse signal) appears in a unit time. The standard measurement unit for frequency is Hz (hertz). The system clock in a computer is a typical pulse signal generator with a fairly accurate and stable frequency.
Frequency is represented by “f” in mathematical expressions, and its corresponding units are: Hz (hertz), kHz (kilohertz), MHz (megahertz), GHz (gigahertz). Its 1GHz = 1000MHz, 1MHz = 1000kHz, 1kHz = 1000Hz.
The time unit for calculating the pulse signal period and the corresponding conversion relationship are:
s (seconds), ms (milliseconds), μs (microseconds), ns (nanoseconds). Where: 1s = 1000ms, 1ms = 1000μs, 1μs = 1000ns.
Turbine Flow Meter Equation
Inline Diesel Fuel Flow Meter
Generally, when measuring industrial diesel flow, a liquid turbine flow meter is used. Customers can also choose oval gear flowmeters.