Natural gas is a clean energy. The proportion in the energy structure is increasing year by year. The coverage of natural gas is also becoming more and more extensive. Therefore, natural gas flow measurement becomes an important link.
The flow measurement of natural gas is mainly used in trade settlement at present. Natural gas trade measurement is based on volume or energy transfer measurement under the quality indicators required by law. At present, volume measurement is basically the main method.
Natural Gas Flow Meters Types
At present, the flowmeter products used for natural gas flow measurement roughly include:
- Gas waist wheel flowmeter,
- gas turbine flowmeter,
- precession vortex flowmeter,
- vortex flowmeter,
- Ultrasonic flow meter;
- Orifice flowmeter, etc.
The best way to measure natural gas is to use a vortex flowmeter. Vortex flowmeters can be used in many places, including applications in natural gas.
Can the vortex flowmeter measure natural gas?
Many customers will ask whether the vortex flowmeter can measure natural gas. The vortex flowmeter can measure natural gas.
Take the DN200 caliber of the vortex flowmeter as an example. To measure natural gas, you need to know the measurement medium, working temperature and pressure to select the model. Of course, the working conditions of the natural gas site are also very important.
The flowmeter range of DN200 caliber is 0-5000m3/h. With such a large flow range, the settlement is calculated per cubic meter, and there is no problem in measuring natural gas.
Of course, other flowmeters can be used to measure natural gas. It’s just that some flowmeters are relatively expensive due to the complicated processing technology. Therefore, in some unimportant occasions, customers often do not want to use it in pursuit of cost performance.
In most of the cases mentioned above, the vortex flowmeter can completely measure natural gas, and the price is not high. It is the first choice for measuring natural gas.
Featured Vortex Flow Meters
Causes of unstable natural gas measured by vortex flowmeter
1) The vortex flowmeter is not suitable for installation in places with strong vibration. This is well known to the majority of users. However, in the occasion where the magnetic field changes frequently, the vortex flow sensor will measure a signal output higher than the normal value.
Practice has proved that in the field of no gas flow, when the vortex flow sensor is in the changing magnetic field, the moment the magnetic field changes. The vortex flow sensor will sense an error signal and output it. When the change is over and the flowmeter is in a stable magnetic field, the flowmeter will output a normal signal.
2) Natural gas has high temperature and high humidity when it leaves the factory, so there will be moisture in the process of gas transportation. The gas flow drives the water to fluctuate back and forth, thus forming a pulsating flow. When the vortex flowmeter is in this fluid state, the output data fluctuates, which cannot reflect the production status at all.
3) The crimping of the vortex flowmeter is not true during the wiring process. As a result, the signal is intermittent during transmission.
4) The ground wire of the vortex flowmeter does not match.
More Featured Flow Measurement
Sino-Inst, as a manufacturer of vortex flowmeters. The vortex flowmeter has the advantages of high measurement accuracy, wide range, low power consumption, convenient installation, simple operation, and small pressure loss. It can measure working condition volume flow or standard volume flow. Integrated intelligent temperature and pressure compensation. According to user needs, it can be equipped with pulse or 4 ~ 20mADC current output function.
The vortex flowmeter is an ideal natural gas meter. The vortex flowmeter produced by our company is widely used in petroleum, chemical industry, electric power, metallurgy, urban gas supply and other industries to measure the flow of various gases. It is the preferred product for oil field and natural gas transmission and distribution metering and trade metering.